🎨 Your Challenge, Should You Choose to Accept it ...
Sometimes an injection of new ideas is needed to invigorate a long-term project. You don't have to change the overall plot or anything major about the story to add a little zest, fun, or complication to what might happen in the next scenes. Here's one way to add fresh ideas to your book:
- Set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Write the setting of the next scene in the center of a blank sheet of paper and circle it.
- Draw lines outward, and add an idea per line. Each idea should finish the question, "What if ...?" For instance in a forest scene, What if ...:
- a rustle in the bushes convinced her a mountain lion was stalking along beside her?
- he got a mosquito bite?
- she dropped her sweatshirt in the mud?
- they found wild raspberries and decided to have a spontaneous treat?
Earn 50 points for this challenge by sharing your work or a quick note about your experience with Sonja:
- If you created on paper, snap a photo of your project and share the image.
- If you created your work on a computer, share an image or a PDF!
- You can also send a simple email with a written note about your experience.